Sometimes we get so busy and tired and distracted that we don't do the little things we should to make the one we love smile. Well, today's the day, people. Let's do a bunch of little somethings for each other before the clock strikes midnight.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Profess your love on the bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker. No markers? No worries. Use lipstick or eyeliner. Instant smile for your love.
2. Send a song. Use that smartphone for good, and send a YouTube video. Pick a good one, and click it on over to your love. If you don't have a smartphone, find a computer. Need some suggestions?
I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
The Nearness of You by Norah Jones
Runaways by The Killers
I Concentrate on You by Frank Sinatra
Wait by Alexi Murdoch
There are a gazillion more great love songs. Let Google be your friend here.
3. Initiate. Be the one to touch first or kiss first or you know . . . do "stuff" first.
4. Send a text and put some thought into it. Don't just say I love you. Text a memory or an inside joke or something only the two of you share.
5. Go for a walk and talk about anything other than the stress of your day. If it's at night, you get bonus points for stargazing together.
Freebie Idea: Dance together in the kitchen while you wait for dinner to finish cooking. If you don't cook, just make the time to grab your love and dance. If you happen to be a horrible dancer like me, it doesn't matter. It's the fun we're after here.
At least one of these should inspire you to do something to make the one you love smile today. Got any ideas of your own? Do tell.